With Spring soon approaching, we're all scrambling to know the latest Spring/Summer 2014 Beauty Trends. Thankfully, we have blogs, magazines, and social media to help us out...
I was given the opportunity to purchase the necessary products from Walmart to recreate my favourite S/S'14 look from the Looking Glass Youtube Channel. After viewing all of the how-to videos, it all came down to the V-Files, or Wave Rave because these are looks I would typically choose for a night out. I ended up recreating Wave Rave because I was in love with the golden smokey eye look! You can watch the steps to get this look from CoverGirl Makeup Pro Amelie Ducharme, and Pantene Stylist Justin German, here.
"By pairing your waves with flatter, sleeker hair at the top of your head, you're creating a much more modern look than the Veronica-Lake style bouncy side wave." - Justin German
- CoverGirl TruBlend Liquid Makeup in L5
- CoverGirl TruBlend FixStick Concealer in Fair L1-4
- CoverGirl EyeEnhancers 4-Kit Shadows in Coffee Shop
- CoverGirl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush in Sophisticated Stable
The TruBlend Liquid Makeup in L5 was way too dark for my skin, I definitely should have gone quite a few shades lighter (I actually darkened my neck a bit in these photos so I didn't look completely ridiculous, shh)! Although I did like how the foundation applied, and it gave me an almost medium, but buildable coverage. It is a water-based foundation and the entire line has actually been re-packaged, and 8 new shades have been added to suit a broader skin-tone range. I also picked up a Contouring Blush with 3 shades in 1, although Amelie used a different blush, the Cheekers Blush in Golden Pink, in the how-to video.
For the hair, I already had the 2 products recommended, but I only used the Pantene Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep the waves in place. Justin German recommends applying Pantene Pro-V Silky Moisture Whip to wet hair before blow-drying.
Creating the Wave Rave Look:
- I started off this look by priming and prepping my face.
- Then applied CoverGirl TruBlend Liquid Makeup L5 all over my face.
- Covered dark circles and highlighted the nose with CoverGirl FixStick Concealer in Fair.
- Lightly filled in my brows with Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Dark Blonde.
- CoverGirl Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices to define my cheekbones, and CoverGirl Contouring Blush in Sophisticated Stable. Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki to highlight the cheekbones.
- Used CoverGirl 4-Kit Shadows in Coffee Shop for the eyeshadow: the gold on the lid, 2 browns blended in the crease, and the white to highlight my brow bone.
- CoverGirl InkIt! Eyeliner in Black on the upper and lower lash line, gently winging it out slightly. It was a little tough on my eyes so I went over it with another gel liner.
- Curled my lashes and used Maybelline's Rocket Volum Waterproof Mascara.
- Concealed my pigmented lip colour with CoverGirl FixStick Concealer in Fair, and then Hard Candy All Glossed Up Lip Crayon in Chic.
- For the hair, I brought all my hair to one side and curled sections with a 1" iron starting below the brow line. Then I pinned it all to the one side, and used hairspray to hold the curls and any frizziness in place.
For all you Canadian readers, [sorry everyone else :-( ], I also have a $50 Walmart gift card to give away!
- Tweet me your favourite look from the Looking Glass Channel and tag me @michellelouie, and hashtag #beautyunited!
- Then come back here and fill out the Rafflecopter form for your chance to win!
- Be sure to also follow me on GFC or Bloglovin :) The rest of the entries are not mandatory.
The giveaway will end Monday night at 11:59 PM February 24, 2014 and the winner will be emailed that night. You will have 24 hours to respond with your mailing address and information! Good luck!
P.S. What did you think of my recreation of the Wave Rave look? Create your own favourite look and link them in the comments below :) I'd love to see!
Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are 100% my own!